|ZOF'YUVKA: Ivano-Frankovisk [Trokhymbrid,, Sofievka, Sofiovka, Sofiyevka, Trochenbrod, Trochinbrod, Trokhinbrod, Trochimbrod, Trokhnibrod, Zofiówka, Zofiuvka]|
Alternate names: Zof'yuvka and ТРОХИМБРОД / СОФИЕВКА.[Rus], Zofjówka [Pol], Trokhymbrid and Трохимбрід / Софіївка [Ukr], Sofievka, Sofiovka, Sofiyevka, Trochenbrod, Trochinbrod, Trokhinbrod, Trochimbrod, Trokhnibrod, Zofiówka, Zofiuvka. 50°55' N, 25°42' E,
US Commission No. UA02230501
The earliest known Jewish community was 18th century. 1939 Jewish population was 1531. Effecting the Jewish community were Civil War and 1st World War. The Jewish mass grave was dug in 1941. Jews from no other towns or villages were murdered at this unlandmarked mass grave. The isolated wooded flat land has signs or plaques in local language mentioning the Holocaust. Reached by road to Gorodische, access is open to all. A continuous fence with no gate surrounds the mass grave. The approximate size of mass grave is now 0.01 hectares. No stones were removed. The common tombstones date from 1980. The site contains marked mass graves. The municipality owns mass burial site. Properties adjacent are forest. Rarely, Jewish or non-Jewish private visitors and local residents visit. This mass grave was not vandalized. Now, occasionally, authorities clear or clean. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access. Slight threat: pollution, vegetation, vandalism, and existing nearby development.
Kirzhner Moisey of 263005, Lutsk, Grushevskogo St. 18, Apt.38 [Phone: (03322) 34775] visited site and completed survey on 20/06/1995. Interviewed was Aleksyuk A. Maksimchuk A. on 20/06/1995. Documentation: Shmuel Spector. The Holocaust of Volhynian Jews. 1941-1945; Yad Vashem. The Federation of Volhynian Jews. Jerusalem. 1990, p. 14, 22, 66, 71, 118, 209, 210, 229, 260, 306-310, 338, 358.
ZOF'YUVKA II: US Commission No. UA02230502
ZOF'YUVKA III: US Commission No. UA02230101
The Karlin-Stolin Hasidic cemetery was established in 19th century. Ignatovka (2 km away) used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated rural (agricultural) flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall or fence, or gate surrounds the cemetery. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII was 1.50 and is now 0.80 hectares. No stones are visible. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The municipality owns site now used for agricultural use (crops or animal grazing). Properties adjacent are agricultural. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of agriculture. Rarely, local residents visit. The cemetery was not vandalized in the last ten years. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Moderate threat: vandalism. Slight threat: uncontrolled access. No threat: weather erosion, pollution, vegetation, and existing or proposed nearby development.
Kirzhner Moisey of Apt. 38, 18 Grushevskogo Pr., Lutsk visited site and completed survey on 21/06/95. Alexuk P. on 21/06/95 and Maximchuk A. on 21/06/95 were interviewed. Documentation: Shmuel Spektor. The Holocaust of Volhynian Jews. 1941-1945. Yad-Vashem, the Federation of Volynian Jews. Jerusalem 1990.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 03 January 2015 23:41|