ZHIDACHIV I: US Commission No. UA13130101
Alternate names: Zidachov (German) and Zedechoyv, Zidichev (others). The cemetery is located S at the lake, near the center of town. The town is located at 49º23 24º8, 56 km from L'vov. Present town population is 5,001-25,000 with fewer than 10 Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 17th century. 1939 Jewish population was 870 with last known Hasidic burial in 1940. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban crown of a hill by water has no sign, but has Jewish symbols on gate or wall. Reached by turning directly off a public road and crossing other public garden, access is open with permission. A continuous fence and a gate that locks surround the cemetery. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII was 3.40 and is now 3.00 hectares. 101 to 500 stones, few in original location, date from 1806. Locations of any removed stones are unknown. Some tombstones have traces of painting on their surfaces. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns property used for Jewish cemetery only. Properties adjacent are residential. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of commercial or industrial development. Occasionally, private visitors stop. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II and not in the last ten years. Jewish Community of L'vov did re-erection of stones, fixed wall and fixed gate in 1992 [continuing in 1995]. Occasionally, individuals clean or clear. Within the limits of the cemetery is an ohel. Very serious threat: existing nearby development (Garages are on part of the cemetery.) Slight threat: weather erosion, vegetation and vandalism.
- Town officials: Town Soviet Mayor Shchuyko Mikhail Vladimirovich, of 1 Shashkevicha St. [Phone: (239) 31551].
- Regional: Regional Soviet Chairman Revutsky. Soviet of L'vovskaya Oblast, Chairman Goryn'. Local History Museum. Museum of Religion.
- Jewish Community of L'vovskaya Oblast
- Key holder: Pashko Vladimir of Apt. 3, 16 S. Bendery St.
Aberman S.E. visited and completed survey on 08/11/95. Pashko Vladimir of apt. 3, 16 S.Bendery St. was interviewed on 08/11/95.
ZHIDACHIV II: US Commission No. UA13130501
The mass grave is located at town S. The last known Jewish burial was in 1942. Jews from no other towns or villages were murdered at this unlandmarked mass grave. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence or gate surrounds the mass grave. No stones are visible or mass grave has only common tombstones. No stones were removed. No structures. The mass grave property is now used for garage. Properties adjacent are residential and Jewish cemetery. The mass grave boundaries are larger now than 1939. Rarely, local residents visit. There is no maintenance. Very serious threat: uncontrolled access and existing nearby development. Moderate threat: pollution and vandalism. Slight threat: weather erosion (seasonal), vegetation (seasonal) and proposed nearby development.
Aberman S.E. visited and completed survey on 08/11/95. Pashko Vladimir, Apt. 3, 16 S.Bendery St. was interviewed on 08/11/95.