You are here: Home Eastern Europe Ukraine STARAJA PRILUKA
STARAJA PRILUKA PDF Print E-mail
STARAJA PRILUKA I:     US Commission No. UA01570501
The mass grave is located 700m from village NNE. Staraja Priluka is 38 km from Lipovets and 10 km from Turbov. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
  • Town officials: Village Soviet Chairman Bubela Nadezda Efimovna [Phone: (071) 43131].
  • Regional: Regional state Archives of Lipovets and Regional state Archives of Vinnitskaya Oblast.
  • Jewish Community of Vinnitsa of Chairman-Desner.
Effecting the Jewish Community was 1941 mass execution of Jews from v. Novaja Priluka. The Jewish mass grave was dug in 1941. No other towns or village's Jews were murdered at this unlandmarked mass grave. The isolated rural (agricultural) flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall or fence or gate surrounds the mass grave. The approximate size of mass grave is now 0.02 hectares. 1 to 20 stones, all in their original location, date from 1965. Some tombstones have with traces of painting on their surfaces and other metallic elements. The site contains marked mass graves. Municipality owns site used for Jewish cemetery only. Properties adjacent are agricultural. The mass grave boundaries is larger now than 1939. Occasionally, organized individual tours, private visitors and local residents visit. The mass grave was vandalized occasionally in the last ten years. Jewish individuals within country did re-erection of stones and cleared vegetation in 1965 and 1980. Now occasionally, individuals clear or clean. Within the limits of the mass grave are no structures. Very serious threat: vandalism (In 1996, the burial site was dug up and searched the gold. The memorial plaque with inscription was destroyed. The site is desolate.) Serious threat: uncontrolled access (The site is a far from housing with the access free.) Moderate threat: weather erosion, pollution and vegetation (seasonal.)
Sokolova Eleonora Eugen'evna of 253152 Kiev, 5 Tychiny St. Apt. 68 [Phone: (044) 5505681] visited site and completed survey on 14/10/96. No interviews.
STARAJA PRILUKA II:     US Commission No. UA01570101
The cemetery is located S part of village, Nekrasova St. at the right of the road. See above for town information. The Jewish cemetery was established in the 18th century. Novaja Priluka used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated rural (agricultural) flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road to the farmsteads at Nekrasov str. and crossing private property, access is open with permission. No wall or fence or gate surrounds the cemetery. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII was 0.40 hectares. No stones are visible. Location of any removed stones is unknown. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns site used cemetery are two farmsteads. Properties adjacent are agricultural and residential. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of housing development and agriculture. Local residents visit rarely. The cemetery was vandalized prior to World War II. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the cemetery are two farmsteads. Very serious threat: vandalism (The cemetery was demolished in 1930s), existing nearby development (building and tilling now) and proposed nearby development (In all probability, the property of farmsteads will be expanded.) Moderate threat: pollution. Slight threat: uncontrolled access, weather erosion (seasonal) and vegetation.
Sokolova Eleonora Eugen'evna of 253152 Kiev, 5 Tychiny St. Apt. 68 [Phone: (044) 5505681] visited site and completed survey on 14/10/96. Roy Georgy Ivanovich [Phone: (071) 43131] was interviewed on 14/10/96.
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution