SLAVA Print
SLAVA I:     US Commission No. UA14090101
Slava is located in Nikolaevskaya at 47º_ 31º_, 20 km from Domanevka and 160 km from Odessa. The cemetery is located at N part of village. Present town population is under 1,000 with no Jews.
  • Town officials: Village Executive Council Chairman -Uzbash Aleksey Grigoryevich [Phone: (05152) 95544].
  • Regional: Regional Executive Council, Chairman Andriyanov Nikolay Fedorovich [Phone: (05152) 91288]. Oblast Department of Culture, Chairman -Laskutnikov Vitaliy Sergeevich [Phone: (0512) 350140]. Town officials: Regional Department of Culture, Chairman -Dovga Olga Panteleevna [Phone: (05152) 91262].
  • Jewish Community, Goldenberg Mikhail Davidovich [Phone: (0512) 975172].
The earliest known Jewish Community was 1925. 1939 Jewish population (census) was 180. The unlandmarked Jewish cemetery was established in 1925 with last known Jewish burial 1941. The isolated rural (agricultural) flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by crossing collective farm field, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds the cemetery. No stones are visible. Location of any removed stones is unknown. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns site used for agriculture (crops or animal grazing.) Properties adjacent are agricultural. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Local residents visit rarely. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Vegetation overgrowth is a constant problem, disturbing graves. Very serious threat: uncontrolled access (Access is open to all. There are crops and vegetation) and vandalism. Moderate threat: weather erosion, pollution and existing nearby development. Slight threat: proposed nearby development.
Oks Vladimir Moiseevich of 270065, Odessa, Varnenskaya St. 17D, Apt. 52 [Phone: (0482) 665950] visited site on /04/1995. Interviewed was Popov N.A. of Domanevka on 19/03/1994. Oks completed survey 08/06/1995. Documentation: State Archive of Russian Federation a. 7021, jg. 69, d 79, p. 4-5.
SLAVA II:     US Commission No. UA14090501
The mass grave is located S, road to v. Pributye. In 1925, Jewish agriculture village was established. The Hasidic mass grave was dug in 1941 No other towns or village's Jews were murdered at this unlandmarked mass grave. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds the mass grave. No stones are visible or removed. The mass grave contains unmarked mass graves. Municipality owns site used for agriculture (crops or animal grazing) and mass burial site. Properties adjacent are agricultural. The mass grave boundaries is larger now than 1939. rarely by local residents. The mass grave was not vandalized in the last ten years. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the mass grave are no structures. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access and vegetation. Slight threat: weather erosion, pollution and vandalism.
Oks Vladimir Moiseevich of 270065, Odessa, Varnenskaya St. 17D, Apt. 52 [Phone: (0482) 665950] visited site on /04/1995. Interviewed was Popov N.L. of Domanevka on /04/1995. Oks completed survey on 17/04/1995. Documentation: State Archive of Rossian Federation, f.7021, op. 69, d.79.