ROZDOL [Razdol, Rozdul, Rosdil, Rozdo, Rozla]: Zaporiz ka oblast
Alternate names: Razdol, Rozdul, Rosdil, Rozdo and Rozla. 4928N 2404E,
KehilaLink [July 2014]
US Commission No. UA13060101
Alternate names: Rozdul (German) and Rozdol (Polish). The cemetery is located on N outskirts of the settlement near synagogue. The town is located at 49°28 24°4, 50 km from L'vov and 13 km from Nikolaev. Present town population is 5,001 - 25,000 with no Jews.
- Town officials: Settlement Soviet, Chairman Semkiv Andrey Ivanovich [Phone: (241)34287].
- Regional: Regional Executive Committee, Chairman Valerman. Executive Committee of L'vovskaya Oblast. Historical Museum of L'vovskaya Oblast. Museum of History of religion. L'vov.
- Jewish Community of L'vovskaya Oblast.
- The earliest known Jewish community was 16th century. 1931 Hasidic Jewish population was 2000. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated suburban crown of a hill by water has no sign, but has Jewish symbols on gate or wall. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open with permission. A continuous fence and a non-locking gate surround the cemetery. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII and now is 10.00 hectares. 101 to 500 stones, most in original location, date from 1686. Location of any removed stones is unknown. The cemetery has special sections for women, rabbis and Cohanim. Some tombstones have traces of painting on their surfaces. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns site used for Jewish cemetery only. Properties adjacent are agricultural and residential. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Frequently, organized Jewish group tours or pilgrimage groups and local residents visit. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. L'vov Synagogue re-erected stones, fixed wall and fixed gate in 1992-93. There is no maintenance now. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Slight threat: weather erosion (seasonal), pollution, vegetation, vandalism and proposed nearby development.
- Aberman S.E. of Apt. 2, 4 Novakovskogo St., L'vov [Phone: (0322) 724687] visited site and completed survey on 13/10/95. Vloh Andrey of Rozdol was interviewed.
Last Updated on Friday, 11 July 2014 13:11