REPKI: 251940, US Commission No. UA24160101
Repki 251940 is located in Chernigovskaya, 35 km from Chernigov and 3 km from Golubichi. Present town population is 5,001 - 25,000 with fewer than 10 Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was first half 19 [sic]. 1926 Jewish population (census) was 134. The last known Hasidic burial was 1933. Danichi (15 km away) and Lovin (15 km away) used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated suburban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a private road, no stones are visible. Stones removed were incorporated into roads or structures. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns site now used for "other." Properties adjacent are residential. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of housing development. The cemetery was vandalized prior to World War II, during World War II, and not in the last ten years. Jewish community tended cemetery until 1933. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures.
- Local officials: Village Soviet.
Sokolova Eleonora Evgenievna of 253152 Kiev, Tychini Prospect 5, Apt. 68 [Phone: (044) 5505681] visited site and completed survey on 10/17/94. Interviewed 10/17/94 were Markov Aleksey Mihaylovich of Lenina St., 52 [Phone: (04641) 21261], Zhila Aleksey Ivanovich of Lebedskaya St., 3 [Phone: (04641) 22778], and Seminog Melaniya Nikolaevna of Sovetskaya St., 78 [Phone: (04641)22303]. Other documentation exists but was inaccessible.