RADIVILOV: US Commission No. UA17050102
Radivilov is located in Rovenskaya. The town is location at 50° 51 26° _, 100 km from Rovno and 101 km from Lvov. The cemetery is located at Geroev Street. Present town population is 5,001 - 25,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 15-16th century. 1939 Jewish population (census) was 4000. The Jewish cemetery was established in the 18th century with last known Hasidic burial 1940. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a private road, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds site. 1 to 20 common tombstones, more than 75% toppled or broken, date from 19th to 20th century. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. Municipality owns site. Properties adjacent are recreational and other. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Rarely, organized Jewish tour or pilgrimage groups visit. The cemetery was vandalized occasionally in the last ten years. Now, occasionally, individuals clean or clear. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. No threats.
Kirjner Moisey Davidovich of Lutsk, Grushevskogo Prospect 18, Apt. 38 [Phone: (03322) 34775] visited site and completed survey on 10/5/94. Interviewed on 10/5/94 was Pastuh, Isyuk V.M., and Bortnik F.H.