You are here: Home Eastern Europe Ukraine PRILUKI
PRILUKI PDF Print E-mail
PRILUKI I: 251350, US Commission No. UA24180101
Alternate name: Przluki (Ukraine). Priluki is located in Chernigovskaya at 50°36 32°24, 135 km from Kiev, 170 km from Chernigov and 88 km from Konotop. Present town population is 25,001-100,000 with 101-1,000 Jews.
  • Officials: Unknown.
     The earliest known Jewish community was first half of 19th century. 1939 Jewish population (census) was 9001. The Jewish cemetery was established in 1905 with last known Hasidic Jewish burial 1975. v. Linivitsa, v. Ladan (10 km away) and v. Gusynya, and v. Malaya Divits (10 km away) used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a private road and crossing public city hospital, access is open to all with a broken fence, hedges or trees, and a non-locking gate. No stones are visible. Location of removed stones is unknown. The cemetery has special sections for men, women and rabbis. Stones date from 20th century. Some tombstones have traces of painting on their surfaces, with iron decorations or lettering, with other metallic elements, portraits on stones and metal fences around graves. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The local Jewish community and the municipality own property used for Jewish cemetery only. Properties adjacent are residential and city hospital. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Occasionally, private Jewish or non-Jewish visitors and local residents stop. The cemetery was vandalized occasionally in the last ten years. Jewish individuals within country patched broken stones, cleaned stones, cleared vegetation and fixed gate until 1974. Occasionally, individuals clean or clear. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Vegetation overgrowth is a constant problem, damaging stones. Water drainage is a seasonal problem. Very serious threat: uncontrolled access, pollution and vegetation. Serious threat: vandalism. Moderate threat: weather erosion. Slight threat: existing nearby development.
     Sokolova Eleonora Evgenievna of 253152 Kiev, Tychini Prospect 5, apt. 68 [tel. (044) 5505681] visited and completed survey on 08/24/1994. Interviewed were Klovskiy Boris Mihaylovich of Sverdlova str. 14, apt. 22 [tel. (04637) 32605] on 8/24/94 and Sheptovitskiy Lev Mihaulovich of Dragomanova St., 36 [tel. (04637) 41629] on 8/24/94.
PRILUKI II: 251350. US Commission No. UA24180102
  • Local: City ispolkom. Regional: Unknown.
     The last known Hasidic Jewish burial was first half of 20th century. v. Lipovitsa, v. Ladan (10 km away) and v. Gusynya, v. Malaya Divits (10 km away) used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban hillside by water has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road and crossing private property, access is entirely closed. No stones are visible. Removed stones were incorporated into roads or structures. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The municipality owns site used for residential. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of housing development. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. Jewish individuals within country and Jewish community did cleaned stones and cleared vegetation until 1905. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Other documentation exists but was inaccessible.
     Sokolova Eleonora Evgenievna of 253152 Kiev, Tychini Prospect 5, apt. 68 [tel. (044) 5505681] visited and completed survey on 8/25/94. Interviewed were Sheptovitskiy Lev Mihaylovich of Dragomanova St. 36 [tel. (04637) 41629] on 8/25/94 and Chubatiy Aleksey Vasilievich of Lenina str. 139 on 8/25/94.
PRILUKI III: 251350. US Commission No. UA24180103
  • Regional: Unknown.
  • Caretaker and Key Holder: Hantil Lidiya Mihaylovna, Trubarovskaya St. 45.
     The earliest known Jewish community was first quarter of 19th century. 1939 Jewish population (census) was 9001. Living here was Novikov. The Jewish cemetery was established in 1972 with last known Hasidic Jewish burial 1994. Golod Naum Isaakovich and Rozenberg Leyvik lived here. No other towns or villages' used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated suburban agricultural flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with a broken fence and a gate that locks. 101-500 stones, all in original location with none toppled or broken, date from 1972. The cemetery has special sections for men and women. Some tombstones have iron decorations or lettering, other metallic elements, portraits on stones and/or metal fences around graves. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The municipality owns site used for other. Properties adjacent are agricultural. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Occasionally, private Jewish or non-Jewish visitors and local residents stop. This cemetery was not vandalized. Local/municipal authorities cleaned stones and cleared vegetation in 1972-1994. The government pays the regular caretaker. Within the limits of the cemetery are a well and other structures. Vegetation overgrowth is a seasonal problem, preventing access. Water drainage is a seasonal problem. Moderate threat: vegetation. Slight threat: uncontrolled access, weather erosion, pollution and vandalism. Other documentation exists but was too general.
     Sokolova Eleonora Evgenievna of 253152 Kiev, Tychini Prospect 5, apt. 68 [tel. (044) 5505681] visited site and completed survey on 8/23/94. Interviewed were Dobrodub Mariya Markovna of Pereyaslova Khmelnitskogo St. 58, apt. 20 [tel. (04637) 35186] on 8/23/94 and Leyderman Moisey Gdalevich of Sverdlova St. 37, apt. 4 [tel. (04637) 35945] on 8/23/94.
PRILUKI IV: 257350, US Commission No. UA24180501
Alternate name: Prcyluki (Hungarian). The mass grave is located at E.
  • Jewish Community, Sverdlova St., 37, Apt. 4: Leyderman Moisey Gdanyevich.
     The earliest known Jewish community was first quarter of 19th century. 1939 Jewish population (census) was 9001. Effecting the Jewish Community were March, April 1919 Denikinsky pogroms, 1905 Pogroms, 1941-1942 Jewish Ghetto, and 1942-1943 mass killing of Jews. Living here were Chairman of Jewish Community Krasnopolsky Isroyel Meich and Rabbi Yasnogorodsky. No other towns or villages' Jews were murdered in this unlandmarked 1943 mass grave. The mass grave location has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall, fence, or gate. 1-20 common tombstones, all in original location with none toppled or broken, date from 1948. The site contains marked mass graves. Municipality owns site used for mass burial site. Properties adjacent are residential. Occasionally, organized individual tours, private Jewish or non-Jewish visitors and local residents visit. This mass grave was not vandalized. Authorities occasionally clean or clear. Within the limits of the site are no structures. Vegetation overgrowth is a seasonal problem, preventing access. Water drainage is a seasonal problem. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access, weather erosion, pollution and vegetation. Slight threat: vandalism, existing and proposed nearby development.
     Sokolova Eleonora Evgeniyevna of 253152, Kiev, Tychiny pr., 5, apt. 68 [tel. (0444)550568] visited site and completed survey on 1/12/94. Interviewed were Dobrodub Mariya Markovna of Pereyaslov-Khmelnitskiy St., 58, apt.20 [tel. (04637) 35186] on 1/12/94 and Kuznetsova Mariya Dmitriyevna [tel. (04637)35398] on 1/12/94.
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution