POLOGI: US Commission No. UA07050101
Pologi is located in Zaporozhskaya, 96 km from Zaporoje. Present town population is under 1,000 with fewer than 10 Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was second half 19th century. The last known Hasidic Jewish burial was 1993. No other towns or villages' used this unlandmarked cemetery. The suburban agricultural flat land, separate but near other cemeteries, has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no gate. 21-100 stones, all in original location with none toppled or broken, date from 1944. Location of removed stones is unknown. Some tombstones have portraits on stones and/or metal fences around graves. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The municipality owns site used for other. Properties adjacent are other. Rarely, private Jewish or non-Jewish visitors and local residents stop. Someone cleared vegetation. Occasionally, individuals clean or clear. No threats.
Shevelev Mark Petrovich of 330000,Zaporoje, Tsentralniy bulvar 25, apt.54 [tel. (0612) 396982] visited site and completed survey on 8/31/94. Interviewed were Shlyahman Vladimir Iosifovich on 8/31/94.