PEREMYSHLAYNY: US Commission No. UA13380101
Alternative names: German-Przemislani, Polish-Przemyslany. It is located in Lvovskaya oblast at 49°40' 24°33', 42 km from Lvov. The cemetery is located at W part of village on I.Franko St., near Kvitnevaya St 1. Present town population is 5000-25000 with no Jews.
The unlocked cemetery has no caretaker. The earliest Jewish community was 18th century. 1934Jewish population (census) was 3000. Tzadakkim Maer Premyshlayner and his family lived here. The cemetery dates from the 18th century with last known Jewish burial before June 1941. Orthodox (Hasidic followers of Premyshlyaner family) community used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off the road, access is open to all with a broken fence and no gate. The approximate size of the cemetery before the World War II was 1,32 hectares. 1-20 tombstones, some in original location and more than 75% broken, date from 18th-20th centuries. Some of the removed stones are part of roads or structures. The sandstone finely smoothed and inscribed stones or flat stones with carved relief decoration have Hebrew inscriptions. Some gravestones have traces of painting on their surfaces. The cemetery has no unknown mass graves. Municipality owns property used only as Jewish cemetery. Residential property borders site. The cemetery boundaries are smaller than in 1939 because of the housing development. From time to time, organized individual tours and local citizens (Jews) visit. The cemetery was vandalized during the World War II and since. Jewish groups within the country and abroad were reconstructing Maer Premyshlayner's ohel in Summer 1998. There are no other structures. Serious threat: incompatible construction: near ohel of Maer Premyshlayner, almost with one wall is a two-story house is being built. Moderate threat: safety, pollution, vandalism, and incompatible planned construction. Slight threat: vegetation overgrowth.
- Town: town Soviet chief, Bodnar Yakov Andreevich, Peremyshlayny, Galitskaya St., 50. Tel.: 21634.
- Regional: Lvov Regional State Administration, Lvov, Vinnichenko St. 18, reception room, tel.: 722947, 728093.
- Lvov Jewish Commmunity, Lvov, Mikhnovskih St., 4, tel.: 330524, Rabbi Mordekhai Shloime Bold.
- Interested: Lvov Center State Historical Archives, Lvov, Sobornaya Square, 3a, tel.: 723508.
Iosif Gelston, Lvov, 290049, PO Box 10569, tel./fax: (0322) 227490 visited site on 15.10.1998 and completed survey in 30.10.1998. Documentation: CSHA, Fond 186, inventory 4, page 4; Jewish Encyclopedia, B.12, p. 911, St Petersburg, 1912; Catechism of Lvov Archdiocese of Greeks-Catholic Church, Lvov, 1934-1935, p. 236. Interviewed was Shoikhet Meilakh, Lvov, Kulchitskaya St., 3, tel.: 622219.
Additional information: During earth excavation around old ohel of Maer Promyshlayner, inside ohel were found gravestones from end of 18th century and early 19th century that appeared to be buried under the ohel ruins. The gravestones were covered with rich wood engraving and had traces of painting. At present, work on their restoration is being carried out. After that, they are supposed to be established inside the reconstruction ohel. [date? Source?]