FIVE MASS GRAVES: [January 2009]
- Horkoho Park: With no wall or fence, a marker mentions the Holocaust. Restored in 1965. the municipality owns but does not maintain the site . Overgrown vegetation is a serious problem. Frequently by organized Jewish tours, pilgrimage groups, and private visitors (non-Jewish and Jewish) visit.
- Akademika Vorobjova Street: No wall or fence. This not maintained site is infrequently visited.
- Malynovskoho Street Nr. 71/1: Organized tours and local residents visit this mass grave, occasionally cleared by authorities. No fence.
- Park im. Lenina: No fence. Not maintained and overgrown.
- Chornomorska Road, SW of the city: No fence or wall surrounds the site frequently visited by Jewish tour groups and others. Occasional clearing or cleaning by local authorities.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2009 07:34