GLINYANOE: US Commission No. UA10140501
Glinyanoe is 90km from Kirovograd. The mass grave is on the southeastern outskirts of the village. Present town population is under 1,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 19th century. Effected Jewish Community: 1905 pogroms, Civil War pogroms and 1941-1943. The last known Jewish burial was in 1942. The isolated and unlandmarked rural (agricultural) flat land has signs or plaques in Ukrainian mention the Holocaust and Ukrainian. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence or gate surrounds the mass grave. 1 to 20 common tombstones, all in original location, date from 1973. No stones were removed. The site contains marked mass graves. Municipality owns the site used for Jewish cemetery only. Adjacent properties are agricultural. The mass grave boundaries is larger now than 1939. Occasionally, Jewish or non-Jewish private visitors and local residents visit. This mass grave never was vandalized. Local/municipal authorities re-erected stones and cleared vegetation 1973 to 1996. Now, authorities clear or clean occasionally. Within the limits of the mass grave are no structures. Vegetation overgrowth is a seasonal problem, preventing access. Water drainage at the mass grave is a seasonal problem. Moderate threat: proposed nearby development. Slight threat: uncontrolled access, pollution and vandalism. No threat: weather erosion and existing nearby development.
- Town officials: Village Soviet - Chairman-Pipenko Evgeniya Ostapovna [Phone: (05253) 22183].
- Regional officials: Regional State Department of Kirovogradskaya Oblast Jewish Community of Kirovograd. Others: Troskachenko Dmitry Dmitrievich [Phone: (05253) 22236].
Khodorkovsky Yury Isaakovich of Apt. 23, 37A, Vozduhoflotsky Prospect, Kiev [Phone: (044) 2769505] visited site on 04/11/96. He completed survey on 13/11/96. Troskachenko Dmitry Dmitrievich was interviewed on 04/11/96.