DMITRIYEVKA: US Commission No. UA24120101
Alternate name: Deljier (Yiddish) and Dmitrovka (Russian). Dmitriyevka is located in Chernigovskaya, 35 km from Bakhmach. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was first half of 19th century. 1926 Jewish population (census) was 460. The last known Hasidic Jewish burial was 1941. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated suburban flat landhas no sign or marker is reached by turning directly off a private road. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds this cemetery. 1 to 20 common tombstones, none in original location and than 75% toppled or broken, date from 19th century. Stones were removed were incorporated into roads or structures. The cemetery has no known mass graves. The municipality owns property used for "other." Adjacent properties are "other." The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of housing development. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. There is no maintenance now. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Very serious threat: uncontrolled access, pollution, vegetation, vandalism, existing nearby development or proposed nearby development.
- Local officials: Village soviet.
Sokolova Eleonora Evgenievna of 253152, Kiev, Tychini Prospect 5, Apt. 68 [Phone: (044) 5505681] visited site on 9/14/94. Interviewed was Voytseh Galina Georgievna of 1-t per. Komsomolskoy Street, 9 on 9/14/94 and Yarmonchik Viktor Ivanovich of Komsomolskaya Street 15 on 9/14/94. She completed survey on 09/14/1994. Other documentation exists was too general.