US Commission No. UA06580101
Danilovo is located in Zakarpatskaya. The town is location at 48º9' and 23º27'. Danilovo is 72 km from Mukachevo and 182 km from Chernovtsy. The cemetery is located at north, right side of r. Baylova, 450 m north of Center. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was mid-19th century. 1926 Jewish population (census) was 80. Events effecting the Jewish community were 1918-Zakerpatye was transferred to Czech and 1944-Deportation of Jews to the death camp. The last known Hasidic Jewish burial was 1942. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. Hedges or trees but no gate surround the cemetery. 21 to 100 stones, most in original location and between 25%-59% toppled or broken, date from 19th century. Location of removed stones is unknown. The cemetery has no special sections. The cemetery has only common tombstones and no known mass graves. The municipality owns property used for Jewish cemetery only. Adjacent properties are agricultural and residential. The cemetery boundaries are unchanged since 1939. Organized individual tours and local residents visit occasionally. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. There is no maintenance now. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access, vegetation and vandalism. Slight threat: weather erosion, pollution, existing nearby development or proposed nearby development.
Oks Vladimir Moiseevich of 270065, Odessa, Varnenskaya Street, 17D, apt.52 [Phone: (0482) 665950] visited site on /07/1995. Interviewed was Maydanniy V.M., Repkin S.Z. of Hust on /07/1995. He completed survey on16/08/1995. Documentation: Short Jewish Encyclopaedia , t.2, Jerusalem, 1982; Encyclopaedia of Ukrainoznavstvo, t. 2, Kiev, 1993. Other documentation was inaccessible.