US Commission No. UA05620501
Alternate name: Glybochok (Ukraine). Clubochek is located in Zhitomirskaya, 11 km from Baranovka and 90 km from Zhitomir. The mass grave is located West, near full gallop [sic]. Present town population is under 1,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 1926. 1926 Jewish population (census) was 80. All in 1941 mass burial site Hasidic victims were from Pershotravn and Evsk. No other towns or villages Jews were murdered at this unlandmarked mass grave. The isolated wooded flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds. 1 to 20 stones, all in original location with none toppled or broken, date from 1995. No stones were removed. Some tombstones have with other metallic elements. The site contains marked mass graves. The municipality owns property now used for mass burial site. Properties adjacent are agricultural. The mass grave boundaries are larger now than 1939. Rarely, Jewish or non-Jewish private visitors and local residents stop. This mass grave was not vandalized. Local/municipal authorities did re-erection of stones and fixed wall in 1995. Now, occasionally, authorities clear or clean. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access and vandalism. Slight threat: weather erosion, pollution, vegetation, and proposed nearby development.
Kogan Leonid of Novograd-Volynskiy, Lenina St. 107, apt. 42 [Phone: (04141) 54259] visited site on 31/07/1996. Interviewed was Yanchuk Leonid Nikiforovich of Pershotravensk, Komsomolskaya St. 12, apt. 3 [Phone: (04144) 61336] on 31/07/1996. Kogan completed survey on 01/08/1996. Documentation: National structure of rural population in Ukraine (Kharkov, 1927). Other documentation exists but was inaccessible.