US Commission No. UA13100101
Alternate name: Krisnipolye (German) and Krystynopol (Polish) Town is located at 50�23 24�15, 62 km from L'vov and 9 km from Sokal'. The cemetery is located at center of town in E, Shevs'ka St. Present town population is over 100,000 with 11-100 Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 1740. 1931 Jewish population was 2200. The Jewish cemetery dates from 18th century with last known Hasidic burial in 1941. No other towns or villages used this unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII was 1.50 and is now 0.15 hectares. The cemetery boundaries are smaller now than 1939 because of housing development. No stones are visible. Locations of any removed stones are unknown. The cemetery contains no known mass graves. The municipality owns property now used for industrial or commercial use. Properties adjacent are residential. Rarely, Jewish or non-Jewish private visitors and local residents visit. The cemetery was not vandalized in the last ten years. There is no maintenance. Within the limits of the cemetery is housing. Moderate threat: uncontrolled access, pollution and vandalism. Slight threat: weather erosion, vegetation, existing and proposed nearby development.
S.E. Aberman of Apt. 2-4, Novakovskogo St. L'vov [Phone: (0322) 724687] visited the site for this survey on 11/10/95. Solonenko Alexandr was interviewed on 11/10/95. Aberman completed survey on 12/10/95.