ENDIGEN, Endingen-Lengnau: Zurzach , Aargau [OBERENDINGEN, ÄNDIGE] Print

Coat of Arms of Endingen 47°32' N, 08°17' E 17 miles NW of Zürich Alternate names: Endingen [Fr, Ger, Ital], Oberendingen, Ändige. Endingen was one of only two towns in which Swiss Jews were allowed to settle in the 18th-19th centuries. Old buildings in Endingen have two doors: one for Jews and one for Christians. Endigen's synagogue and Jewish cemetery are landmarked. No Christian church exists. Endingen-Lengnau

JEWISH CEMETERY:

The Jewish cemetery [photo] on Hauptstrasse and the Synagoge on Hintersieg are listed on Inventory of Swiss Heritage Sites. The entire village of Endingen is so designated.. [October 2013]

Der israelitische Friedhof Endingen-Lengnau/ Verein fuer Erhaltung des Friedhofes Endingen-LengnauZuerich : G. v. Ostheim, 1923. 62p. fold. plan. 23cm. ID # GT 3264 E5 V4 Source: LBI

photos. [October 2013]