KLATOVA NOVA VES: Partizanske, Trencin Print

Alternate name: Klátova Nová Ves. 48°34' N 18°18' E, 61.4 miles ENE of Bratislava.

US Commission no. SLCE000003 and No. SLCE000245

Alternate names: (known as Neudorf in German, Klatova Novejsa and Klatnovejsa in Slovak, and Tokesujfalu in Hungarian. Klatova Nova Ves is located in Topolcany at 48º34' 18º17', 33 km north-NE of Nitra and 9 km E of Topolcany. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.

  • Town: Obecny urad, 958 44 Klatova Nova Ves.
  • Local: Okresny urad, odbor kultury, 955 01 Topolcany.
  • Caretaker: Marian Nec, Klatova Nova Ves 473.

Last known Jewish burial was 1940. The isolated wooded crown of a hill has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall or gate. Size is 50x15-meters, the same as before WWII. 20-100 marble and sandstone flat shaped tombstones with Hebrew and Slovak inscriptions, 1-20 not in original locations, date from the 19th century. The site is Jewish cemetery only. Adjacent properties are forest. Frequently, private visitors and local residents visit. Stones were cleaned and vegetation cleared. A regular caretaker now cares for the cemetery. No threats.

January 2009:

Map of Village

Village Klátova Nová Ves

Erb Klátova Nová Ves Address: Phone:
00 421 38 542 02 01
Obecný úrad Fax: 00 421 38 542 05 08
Klátova Nová Ves 100 Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
958 44 Klátova Nová Ves
SLOVAKIA
Web: www.klatovanovaves.sk

Region: Trenčiansky
District: Partizánske
Micro region: Stredné Ponitrie
Inhabitants: 1 588
Area: 3503,8 ha
First paper reference: in year 1310
Mayor: Ing. Iveta Randziaková
Last Updated on Friday, 15 July 2011 12:48