BELUSA: Trenčiansky Print

Alternate names: Beluša [Slov], Bellus [Hun], Bellusch [Ger], Beluscha, Bellils. The municipality consists of four parts: Beluša, Belušské Slatiny, Hloža and Podhorie with the town hall in Beluša. River Váh (tributary of the Danube) flows close to the village. Part of Beluša is the Beluša Baths. [August 2009]

REFERENCE: Pinkas HaKehilot, Slovakia (2003), p. 98: "Belusa (Bellus)"

US Commission No. SLCE000201:

Alternate names: Bellus, Beluša. Belusa is SW of Povazska Bystrica at 4904 1820, 84.2 miles NE of Bratislava.

The isolated suburban hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all via a broken masonry wall and a non-locking gate. 20-100 19th-20th century marble and sandstone flat shaped tombstones in original locations have Hebrew and German inscriptions. The property is Jewish cemetery and waste dump or abandoned [unclear]. Adjacent properties are agricultural. Rarely, private visitors stop. Vegetation is a moderate threat disturbing graves; vandalism is a serious threat. Weather erosion is a minor threat. [date-pre 1997]

January 2009: Map of Village

Village Beluša

Erb Beluša Address: Phone:
00 421 42 462 46 00
Obecný úrad Fax: 00 421 42 462 48 20
Farská 1045/6 Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
018 61 Beluša
SLOVAKIA
Web: www.belusa.sk
Region: Trenčiansky
District: Púchov
Micro region: Púchovský
Inhabitants: 6 078
Area: 5 134 ha
First paper reference: in year 1330
Mayor: Vladimír Vadrna
Chief: Mgr. Zdenka Hyžáková
Last Updated on Friday, 28 August 2009 19:24