Alternate names: Novorossiysk [Rus], Novorossiisk, Novorossisk, Russian: Новороссийск. 44°43' N, 37°46' E, Main Russian port on the Black Sea. Jewish population: 980 (in 1897), 1,915 (in 1926). Encyclopedia of Jewish Life (2001), p. 906: "Novorossyisk".
The cemetery predates the 1917 Revolution. Many gravestones show traces of bullets from World War Two. The Jewish part of the cemetery holds about 400 graves, 80% completely neglected. Jewish Cemetery Reconstruction [February 2010]