|ILEANDA: Salaj County [Nagyilonda, Bizușa-Băi (Büdöspataka), Bârsăuța (Kisborszó), Dăbiceni (Kisdoboka), Dolheni (Ilondapatak), Ileanda, Luminișu (Szakadás), Măleni (Kisilonda), Negreni (Konkolyfalva), Perii Vadului (Révkörtvélyes), Podișu (Csömény), Răst|
Ileanda (Hungarian: Nagyilonda) is a commune in Sălaj County composed of thirteen villages: Bizușa-Băi (Büdöspataka), Bârsăuța (Kisborszó), Dăbiceni (Kisdoboka), Dolheni (Ilondapatak), Ileanda, Luminișu (Szakadás), Măleni (Kisilonda), Negreni (Konkolyfalva), Perii Vadului (Révkörtvélyes), Podișu (Csömény), Răstoci (Hosszúrév), Rogna (Kornislaka) and Șasa (Sasfalu).47°19′39″N 23°36′58″E
Dés..., Bethlen, Magyarlápos, Retteg, Nagyilonda és környéke
KehilaLink is in p
COMUNITATEA EVREILOR ZALAU
DAN HAS, Presedinte
Telefon : +40 744 647 119
Photo: See Blog at jewish-salaj.BlogSpot.ro for photo [Jan 2017]
US Commission Reporrt:
The cemetery is located on the place called Dreahota, Ileanda, 4679, judet Salaj, 4720 2338, 232.7 miles NNW of Bucharest and 40 km from Dej. The alternate Hungarian name is Nagy Ilonda. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
1857 Census showed 59 Jew and in 1930 was 300 Jews. The Jews were gathered in the ghetto of Dej in May 1944 and deported to Auschwitz between May 28 and June 8, 1944. The unlandmarked Orthodox cemetery was established in 19th century. Last known burial was 1940. Somcuta Mare also used this cemetery, 40 km from the congregation that used it.
The isolated rural/agricultural hillside has no sign or marker. Reached via private property, access is open to all. No wall, fence, or gate. Approximate pre- and post-WWII size was 40 ari [sic]. 100-500 stones are visible in original location. Less than 25% of the stones are toppled or broken. Location of stones removed from the cemetery is unknown. Vegetation overgrowth in the cemetery is not a problem. Water drainage is a constant problem. No special sections.
The oldest known gravestone dates from 19th century. The 19th century marble, granite, sandstone, and "other" (stones from river) gravestones are boulders, flat shaped, and smoothed and inscribed and double tombstones. The gravestones have Hebrew inscriptions. The national Jewish community owns the property used for Jewish cemetery only. Adjacent properties are residential. Rarely, private Jewish or non-Jewish visitors stop. The never-vandalized cemetery maintenance has been re-erection of stones and clearing vegetation. Pop Nicolae said that every year, work is done because the field is eroding Current care is unpaid regular caretaker. No structures.
Assistant Professor Alexandru Pecican, Almasului Str., Bl. R1, apt. 14, 3400 Cluj-Napoca, Romania visited the site and completed the survey on April 14, 2000 using the following documentation:
He interviewed Pop Nicolae. [January 2003]
|Last Updated on Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:36|