WACHENHEIM PDF Print E-mail
WACHENHEIM: 67157 Rhineland-Palatinate
Owned and maintained by Rheinpfalz. Plat Nr. 5776. Size: 8,350 sq. meters; opened 1579. Source: Ernest B. Nathan, with permission from Juedische Kultusgemeinde der Rheinpfalz.
See Palatinate, in General section; Inventarisierung juedischer. 7 tombstones (1 for each community).
(Landkreis Bad Duerkheim)
Oldest stone from 1725. The mortuary from 1895 has an inscription in Hebrew. Source: "Wo die totn Menschen schweigen da sprechen um so lauter die lebendigen Steine" by Bernhard Kukatzki in the book Juden in der Provinz.
Last Updated on Sunday, 25 January 2009 21:05
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution