FUSSGÖNHEIM Print

FUSSGÖNHEIM: 67136 Rhineland-Palatinate (Gerz)

(FUSSGOENHEIM)

Owned and maintained by Rheinpfalz. Plat Nr. 1706/3. Size: 1,626 sq. meters; opened 1820. Source: Ernest B. Nathan with permission from Juedische Kultusgemeinde der Rheinpfalz. Located between the railroad station and Ellerstadter strasse. The oldest stone dates from 1796. One-sixth of the population was Jewish between 1726 and 1875. Source: "Wo die totn Menschen schweigen da sprechen um so lauter die lebendigen Steine" by Bernhard Kukatzki in the book Juden in der Provinz.