Alternate names: Złotów [Pol], Flatow [Ger]. 53°21' N, 17°03' E, 65 miles N of Poznań (Posen). Jewish population: 524 (in 1880). This town with a 2005 population of 19,200 in Wielkopolska Province (Greater Poland Voivodeship) and previously in Piła Voivodeship (1975-1998). Since 1999, Złotów has been the seat of Złotów powiat on the river Głomia and surrounded by five lakes. Neighbouring villages include Święta (Schwente), Blękwit (Blankwitt), Nowy Dwór (Neuhof), Kujan, Górzna (Gursen), Zakrzewo, Stara Wiśniewka (Lugetal), Skic (Skietz), and Sławianowo (Steinmark). [July 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000418
Alternate German name: Flatow, Judenberg. Town is located in Pila at 53º 22 N 17º 02 E. The cemetery is located in N part of town. Present population is 5,000-25,000 with no Jews.
Jews lived there since the 16th century. Rabin Jakub Feiwil (d. 1694) and Rabin A. Beth (d. 1774) lived here. Progressive/Reform Jews used the unlandmarked cemetery. The isolated suburban crown of a hill has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall, fence, or gate. Before WWII and now the size is .48 ha. No stones are visible. Some stones are in the open-air museum in Osiek, specifically the matzevot of two people. The municipality owns the property, not used. Adjacent land is agricultural, residential and forest. Local residents rarely visit. It was vandalized during WWII. No structures and no threats.
Henryk Grecki, 70-534 Szczecin, ul Soltysia 3113; tel. 377-41 completed survey Oct. 8, 1988. He did not visit.
|Last Updated on Friday, 11 December 2009 18:15|