Alternate names: Zaklików [Pol], Zoklikov, זאקליקוב [Yid], Zaklikuv, Закликув [Rus], Zakilkov, Zaklików Tartak. 50°46' N, 22°07' E, 39 miles SSW of Lublin, 14 miles WNW of Janów Lubelski, 12 miles SSW of Kraśnik. 1900 Jewish population: about 1,000. Yizkor: Hayiti sham, (Bene Berak, 1993). Gmina Zaklików is a rural administrative district in Stalowa Wola County, Subcarpathian Voivodeship in SE Poland with its seat in the village of Zaklików, 21 km (13 mi) N of Stalowa Wola and 82 km (51 mi) N of the regional capital Rzeszów. The gmina 2006 total population was 8,550. [July 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000234
There is no data on when the earliest Jewish community was established. The Orthodox cemetery was established in the first half of the 19th century. The suburban flat land on outskirts of town, adjacent to the parish Roman Catholic cemetery has no sign, gate, or wall. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. The cemetery covers an area of about .7 ha. 1-20 gravestones, some in original locations with more than 75% mere fragments of broken or toppled stones are made of sandstone. Their dates, inscriptions, and engravings are difficult to determine due to deterioration and the overall poor condition of the fragments. Apparent are Hebrew inscriptions. There are no known mass graves. The municipality owns site used for agriculture and waste dumping. Adjacent properties are the Catholic cemetery and residential properties. Rarely, local residents and private visitors stop. The cemetery was vandalized during WWII, and occasionally since, still subject to a moderate vandalism threat. No maintenance.
Marek Florek of Rudnik, ul. Chopina 12/2, tel. 26 completed survey on 13/11/91. Documentation: Karta ewidencji cmentarza; interview with Honorate Zakoscielna (on 13/11/91), Zaklikow. He visited on 13/11/91.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 July 2009 10:49|