Gmina Wyrzysk is an urban-rural administrative district in Piła powiat, Greater Poland Voivodeship in west-central Poland with its seat in the town of Wyrzysk, 36 km (22 mi) E of Piła and 87 km (54 mi) N of the regional capital Poznań. The gmina 2006 total population is 14,132 (population of Wyrzysk at 5,234). [July 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000424
Alternate German name: Wirsitz. Town is located in Pila region at 53º08'17º16', 30 km from Pila. Cemetery is located on in NW part of town by the road to the village of Klaski. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was in 18th century. Jewish population as of last census before WWII was 18. The unlandmarked Progressive/Reform Cemetery was established in the beginning of the 19th century with last known burial before 1940. The isolated urban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall, fence or gate. The approximate size of the cemetery before World War II was 0.20 ha and it was liquidated in 1940. No stones or known exist. The municipality owns property used for recreation. Properties adjacent are residential. Rarely, local residents visit. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II with no maintenance.
Mgr. Henryk Grecki, 70-534 Szerecin ul Soltysie 3/13, tel. 377-47 completed survey Aug. 30, 1991. Documentation: sources worked out by Mr. Fijarkowski.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 July 2009 01:06|