Władysławów [Pol]. 52°06' N 18°29' , 107.1 miles W of Warszawa. Gmina Władysławów is a rural administrative district in Turek powiat, Greater Poland Voivodeship in west-central Poland with its seat in the village of Władysławów, 10 km (6 mi) N of Turek and 111 km (69 mi) E of the regional capital Poznań. The gmina covers an area of 90.71 square kilometres (35.0 sq mi), and as of 2006 its total population is 7,807. Gmina Władysławów contains the villages and settlements of Beznazwa, Chylin, Emerytka, Felicjanów, Głogowa, Jabłonna, Józefów, Kamionka, Kuny, Leonia, Małoszyna, Mariantów, Międzylesie, Milinów, Natalia, Olesin, Piorunów, Polichno, Przemysławów, Przyborów, Russocice, Skarbki, Stawki, Stefania, Tarnowski Młyn, Wandów, Władysławów and Wyszyna. [July 2009]
Normal 0 CEMETERY: Founded in the 18th century, for the village and gmina Władysławowie, the Nazis vandalized the 0.5-ha cemetery about 1945. Two sandstone gravestones with Hebrew inscriptions remain. [July 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000713
The town is located in Konin voivodship at 52º06 18º29, 10 Km from Tureli, 25 Km from Konin. Location of cemetery: Russocice. Present town population is 1000-5000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was mid-16th century. Before WWII, the Jewish community was 56 Orthodox and Progressive families. Last burial was in 1945, a woodcutter from Turek. The isolated rural (agricultural) crown of the hill and flat land is scheduled on the official register of monuments. Reached by "other" with nothing was specified, access is open to all with a broken fence. The size of the cemetery before WWII was 0.8 hectare and is now 0.5 hectare. 1 to 20 stones, some in original location and less than 25% broken or toppled, date from 18th-20th century. Some removed stones are by the church fence along the ditch by the entrance to the farm of W. Choinka. The sandstone rough stones or boulders, finely smoothed and inscribed stones, or double stones have Hebrew inscriptions. Four family graves are walled but no gravestones remain. The municipality owns the barren property. Adjacent properties are agricultural. The area is smaller than it was due to a sandpit. Rarely, private visitors and local residents. Cemetery and structures were vandalized and destroyed during the WWII. Weather erosion is a moderate threat. Security, vegetation and vandalism are slight treats.
Lucja Pawlicka-Nowak, 62-510 Konin, 11 Listopoolo 15/76 Tel. 43 43 46 (private), 42 75 89 and 42 75 30 (both regional museum of Konin) completed survey on 07/5/1992. Literature interviews, documentation of conservator of monuments of the Voivodship were used. He visited site cemetery on July 5, 1992 and interviewed Wanda Choink Russocice p-ta Wladyslawow whose house is close to the cemetery.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 26 July 2009 20:42|