You are here: Home Eastern Europe Poland STRZELCE KRAJENSKIE: Lubuskie
STRZELCE KRAJENSKIE: Lubuskie PDF Print E-mail

Coat of arms of Strzelce KrajeńskieStrzelce Krajeńskie, Friedeberg, Friedeberg in Neumark, Strzelce Kraińskie. 52°52' N 15°32' E, 233.3 miles WNW of Warszawa. Strzelce Krajeńskie is a town in Lubusz Voivodeship and the capital of Strzelce-Drezdenko powiat with a 2004 population of 10,186. Apart from the town of Strzelce Krajeńskie, Gmina Strzelce Krajeńskie contains the villages and settlements of Bobrówko, Bronowice, Brzoza, Buszewko, Buszów, Chwytowo, Ciecierzyn, Czyżewo, Danków, Długie, Gardzko, Gilów, Golczewice, Licheń, Lipie Góry, Lubicz, Machary, Małe Osiedle, Ogardy, Ogardzki Młyn, Piastowo, Pielice, Pieńkowice, Przyłęg, Puszczykowo, Sidłów, Sławno, Sokólsko, Śródlesie, Strzelce Klasztorne, Tuczenko, Tuczno, Wełmin, Wielisławice, Wilanów and Żabicko. [July 2009]

CEMETERY: Normal 0 Established east of the city on roads leading to the Ogard, Dobiegniew and Gardzka. The Nazis vandalized the cemetery, but after World War II, a Russian soldiers cemetery was there. After dismantling the cemetery site, a service station CPN (now ORLEN) was built. Some gravestones are located in the nearby gardens. photos. [July 2009]

US Commission No. POCE0000364

Strzelce Krajenskie is located in Gorzow Wielkopolski region at 52°53N, 15°33E, 22 km from Gorzow Wlkp. The cemetery is located on Wojsho Polskiego Street. Present town population is 5,000-25,000 with no Jews.

  • Town: Urzad Miasta i Gminy, Strzelce Krajenskie.
  • Local: mgr. Wiodysian Chrostowski, Wojewodzki Konserwator Zabytkow, 65-413 Gorzow Wlkp, ul. Jagiellonczyka 8, tel. 75-295.
  • Regional: Panstwowa Sluzba Ochrony Zabytkow, Oddzial Gorzow Wlkp, mgr. Jwona Drzewiecka (address above).
1921 Jewish population was 55. The unlandmarked Progressive/Reform Jewish cemetery was established at the beginning of the 19th Century. The Ogardy Jewish community also used the cemetery about 8 km away from the congregation. The isolated urban crown of a hill has no sign or marker. No wall, fence, or gate surrounds. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. The size of the cemetery before W.W.II was about 0.2 hectares. No gravestones are visible. CPN Filling Station owns site used for commercial/industrial purposes. Properties adjacent are commercial/industrial. Compared to 1939, the cemetery boundaries enclose a smaller area because of new roads or highways and commercial/industrial development. The cemetery was vandalized during W.W.II. Surveyors? Date?
Last Updated on Sunday, 12 July 2009 21:56
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution