52°21' N 14°49' E , 261.1 miles W of Warszawa. This town in the Lubusz Voivodeship (since 1999), in Słubice powiat in NW Poland with 6,500 inhabitants in 2008 became an important railway junction in the second half of the 19th century. Normal 0 The 0.1 ha Jewish cemetery founded in the 19th century at the highway from for Rzepina Torzymia, 100 meters NE of the Poznan traffic circle was vandalized during WWII. It was enclosed with a wall with the entrance from the SW. Amid the trees only several fragments survive. The Nazis stole the gravestones for the highway with Rzepina Torzymia. [June 2009]
US Commission No. POCE00358
Alternate name: Reppen in German. Rzepin is in the Gorzow WLKP at 52º20' N 14º52' E, 20 km from Slubice. The cemetery is located near Rzepin-Torzym road. Present population is 5000-25,000 with no Jews.
1927 Jewish population was 33. The unlandmarked Progressive/Reform Jewish cemetery was established in the beginning of 19th century. The isolated suburban flat land has a sign or plaque in the local language. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no walls, fence, or gate. The approximate size of 0.06 ha has not changed since before WWII. No stones are visible. Municipality owns site used as a Jewish cemetery only adjacent to a forest. Local residents visit rarely. It was vandalized during WWII. There is no care.
Henryk Grecki, 70-534 Szciecin, ul. Soltysia 3/13, tel. 377-41 completed survey on August 8, 1991. The site was not visited.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 04 July 2009 13:01|