You are here: Home Eastern Europe Poland RADOMYSL NAD SANEM: Podkarpackie
RADOMYSL NAD SANEM: Podkarpackie PDF Print E-mail

Alternate names: Radomyśl [Pol], Radomyśl nad Sanem [Pol], Radomishel [Yid], Radomishl HaKatan [Heb], Radomyśl Maly, Klein Radomishl, Radomyśl na Sanem. 50°41' N, 21°57' E, 44 miles N of Rzeszów, 14 miles NE of Tarnobrzeg, 9 miles E of Sandomierz (Zuzmir). On the San River. 1900 Jewish population: about 400. Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego (1880-1902), IX, p. 433: "Radomyśl" #2. ShtetLink. Gmina Radomyśl nad Sanem is a rural administrative district in Stalowa Wola powiat, Subcarpathian Voivodeship in SE Poland with its seat in the village of Radomyśl nad Sanem,  14 km (9 mi) NW of Stalowa Wola and 73 km (45 mi) N of the regional capital Rzeszów. The gmina 2006 total population was 7,471. Gmina Radomyśl nad Sanem contains the villages and settlements of Antoniów, Chwałowice, Czekaj Pniowski, Dąbrowa Rzeczycka, Dąbrówka Pniowska, Kępa Rzeczycka, Łążek Chwałowicki, Musików, Nowiny, Orzechów, Ostrówek, Pniów, Radomyśl nad Sanem, Rzeczyca Długa, Rzeczyca Okrągła, Witkowice, Wola Rzeczycka, Żabno and Zalesie. [June 2009]

US Commission No. POCE000096

Radomysl nad Sanem is located in Tarnobrzeg, 50º41 21º57, 20km from Stalowa Wola. The cemetery is located at SE of settlement near the sandpit. Town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.

  • Town: Urzad Gminy Radomysl of, Rynek, Tel. 2- 4-47
  • Regional: Wojewodzki Konserwator Zabytkow, (mgr Dominik Komada) of, Tarnobrzeg, ul. Pilsudskiego 40, Tel. 22-81-61 and, Dyrektor Wydzialu Spraw Spolecnych, Urzedu Wojewodzkiego, (mgr Edward Kuracinski), Tarnobrzeg, ul. Kosciuszki 32, Tel. 22-19-99.

The earliest known Jewish community was established in the 17th century. 1921 Jewish population (census) was 366. The Jewish cemetery was established in 17th century with the last known Orthodox burial 1940(?). The isolated suburban flat land has no sign or marker, no wall or gate. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all. The approximate size of cemetery before WWII was 2.00 hectares, according to 1854 map. The cemetery was vandalized in WWII and has been liquidated. There are no gravestones, structures, or no known mass graves. It is not visited. Municipality owns property used for recreational and industrial purposes. Part of the cemetery is overgrown with a new forest; part is a sandpit. Vegetation poses a serious threat (completely overgrown with forest) as well as incompatible planned development (building lots planned).

Marek Florek, Rudnik, ul. Chopina 12/2 tel. 26 completed survey 18/10/91. Documentation: karta ewideni cmentara. Scientific documentation of Radomysl is being prepared. Marek Florek visited the site on 07/10/1991.

Last Updated on Monday, 29 June 2009 17:05
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution