OBRZYCKO: Wielkopolskie Print

Coat of arms of Obrzycko Alternate names: Obrzycko [Pol], Obersitzko [Ger], אובורניקי / אובז'יצקו .' [Yid]. 52°42 N, 16°32' E, 27 miles NW of Poznań (Posen), 6 miles NNW of Szamotuły (Samter). Jewish population: 379 (1871). Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego (1880-1902), VII, pp. 354-355: "Obrzycko". Gmina Obrzycko is a rural administrative district in Szamotuły powiat, Greater Poland Voivodeship,in west-central Poland with its seat is the town of Obrzycko, although the town is not part of the gmina with a 2006 total population of 4,219. Gmina Obrzycko contains the villages and settlements of Annogóra, Antoniny, Borownik, Brączewo, Bugaj, Chraplewo, Daniele, Dobrogostowo, Gaj Mały, Jaryszewo, Karczemka, Karolin, Kobylniki, Koźmin, Lizbona, Modrak, Nowina, Obrowo, Obrzycko-Zamek, Ordzin, Pęckowo, Piotrowo, Słopanowo, Słopanowo-Huby, Stobnicko and Zielonagóra. Synagogue photos. [June 2009]

US Commission No. POCE000465

Alternate German name: Obersitzko. The town is in the region Pozrawskie at 16º32' 52º42', 50 km from Poznania. The cemetery is located in ul. Stawra. Present town population is 1000-5000 with no Jews.

  • Village: Urzad Gminy, tel. 72.
  • Regional: region Konserwator Zabytkow, 61.716 Poznan, ul. Kosciuszki 93, tel. 69646.

1921 Conservative Jewish population was 75 (5%). Approximate distance from congregation was 0.3 km. The isolated suburban flat land has no signs or markers. Access is turning directly off a public road. The cemetery has no walls, fences or gates and is open to all. No stones are visible. Municipality owns site used for recreation. Properties adjacent are residential. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. There is no maintenance.

Pniewski Staurmir(?) Poznan visited site and completed survey in August 1991. A German map of 1940 (or 1740) was documentation.

US Commission No. POCE000465. In Poznan. The US Commission is not finished rechecking this file. [2000]

Last Updated on Sunday, 21 June 2009 01:26