Alternate names: Nakło nad Notecią [Pol], Nakel [Ger], Nakło, Nakel Netze. 53°09' N, 17°36' E, 17 miles W of Bydgoszcz (Bromberg). Jewish population: 982 (in 1871), 336 (in 1907). Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego (1880-1902), VI, pp. 885-886: "Nakło". This town in northern Poland on the river Noteć (German: Netze) with 23,687 inhabitants in 2007 in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship since 1999 and previously in Bydgoszcz Voivodeship (1975-1998) is the seat of Nakło County, and also of the smaller administrative district called Gmina Nakło nad Notecią. The Jewish cemetery in Naklo established in 19th century is located on Mlynska St. No trace is left of the cemetery. [June 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000603
Naklo, also Alternate name: Nakel (German, located in Bydgoszcz, 17.35º53.09 ), 30km from Bydgoszcz. Present town population is 5,000-25,000 with no Jews. The cemetery is located at ul. Mlynska.
The earliest known Jewish community existed during the first half of the 19th century. 1939 Jewish population was 68. The isolated suburban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall, fence, or gate. The size of cemetery before World War II and now is 1.0 hectares. There are no visible gravestones or mass graves. There is a pre-burial house with nothing inside. Municipality owns site used for industrial or commercial use. Properties adjacent are commercial or industrial and residential. The cemetery is visited rarely. Existing incompatible nearby development is a moderate threat was vandalized during World War II. There is no care.
Magdalena Grabowska, ul. Sanatoryjna 40, Bydgoszcz, Tel. 277335 completed survey on 30/10/1992. Documentation: the card of cemetery 1992 WKZ Bydgoszcz. She visited the site in 06/1992.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 18 June 2009 15:51|