You are here: Home Eastern Europe Poland LUBRANIEC: Kujawsko-Pomorskie
LUBRANIEC: Kujawsko-Pomorskie PDF Print E-mail

Coat of arms of Lubraniec

In Wloclawek. Alternate names: Lubraniec [Pol], Lubranitz [Yid]. 52°33' N, 18°51' E, 93 miles WNW of Warszawa, 10 miles SW of Włocławek. Jewish population: 834 (in 1921). Gmina Lubraniec is an urban-rural administrative district in Włocławek County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-central Poland with its seat in the town of Lubraniec, 19 km (12 mi) SW of Włocławek and 57 km (35 mi) S of Toruń with a 2006 total population is 10,003  of which the population of Lubraniec was 3,207. Apart from the town of Lubraniec, Gmina Lubraniec contains the villages and settlements of Agnieszkowo, Annowo, Bielawy, Biernatki, Bodzanowo, Borek, Czajno, Dąbie Kujawskie, Dąbie Poduchowne, Dęby Janiszewskie, Dobierzyn, Florianowo, Gołębin-Parcele, Gołębin-Wieś, Górniak, Janiszewo, Józefowo, Kazanie, Kłobia, Kłobia Nowa, Kolonia Łódź, Kolonia Piaski, Koniec, Korzeszynek, Krowice, Lubrańczyk, Lubraniec-Parcele, Marysin, Milżyn, Milżynek, Ossowo, Piaski, Rabinowo, Redecz Kalny, Redecz Wielki-Parcele, Redecz Wielki-Wieś, Sarnowo, Siarczyce, Siemnówek, Skaszyn, Smogorzewo, Stok, Sułkowo, Świątniki, Turowo, Wola Sosnowa, Zgłowiączka and Żydowo. Synagogue at 10 ulica Brest photos. On December 29 2008, a small fire on the synagogue's roof and chimney occurred. Built in the mid-18th century, during WWII, the Germans destroyed the synagogue. In 1984, restoration of the brick Baroque building was done to house the Miejsko-Gminny Center of Culture. The main prayer hall with the aron ha-kodesh on the east wall is covered in painted pilasters. Some polychrome walls were restored to their original color. Only the facade remains. The Jews were murdered in April 1942. [June 2009]

BOOK: Gruber, Ruth Ellen. Jewish Heritage Travel A Guide to East-Central Europe. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1992. p. 77

CEMETERY: Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage in Poland applied to the Regional Monument Protection Department in Torun for protection of the Jewish tombstones found during roadworks in Lubraniec that were used as paving. The matzevot were to be transported to the Jewish cemetery as of July 2008. [June 2009]

Last Updated on Sunday, 14 June 2009 13:00
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution