You are here: Home Eastern Europe Poland LUBLA: Subcarpathian
LUBLA: Subcarpathian PDF Print E-mail

LUBLE: used cemetery at Frysztak (II) and the cemetery at Twierdza-Glinik Dolny

49°49' N 21°36' E, 170.0 miles S of Warszawa. Lubla is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Frysztak within Strzyżów powiat, Subcarpathian Voivodeship in SE Poland, 4 km (2 mi) SW of Frysztak, 17 km (11 mi) SW of Strzyżów, and 39 km (24 mi) SW of the regional capital Rzeszów. "A village in Jaslo county, lies in a wooded area covered with hummocks, on the stream Lubla, which empties into the Wislok; the village is on the highway from Kolaczyce to Frysztak. Buildings stand on both banks of the river, the church on the right and the cemetery on the left. A road leads from the village to Jaslo. On the north and south woods obstruct the view. L. has 1,645 inhabitants, of whom 47 have steady employment on the grounds of the major estate; they are Roman Catholics, except for 20 Jews. There is a Roman Catholic parish here, a public school, and a district loan society with a capital of 597 zl. in Austrian currency. At one time Lubla belonged to the Krakow diocese and was the property of the Koprzywnica abbey. In the parish records there is a copy of the church's founding on 3 July 1314 by Wieslaw Bonar, the owner of the village; but this document is probably forged, because in lists of churches from 1326 and 1328 this one is not mentioned. [Historian Jan] Dlugosz mentions (in "Liber beneficiorum," II, 278) only the name of the village "Lublya." Also speaking against the genuineness of this document is the fact that Wieslaw (Vislavs) Bonar signs it in his own hand, instead of affixing his seal, contrary to the usual custom of the time. It would seem the church existing today was funded by the Pokrzywnica abbots. In 1669 (up to 1818) Przemysl bishop Andrzej Trzebicki combined the parishes in Lubla and Sieklo wka. The parish belongs to the diocese of Przemysl, Frysztak deanery. The major estate, owned by Ludwik Dzianott, covers an area of 365 morgs of farmland and 231 of woods; the minor estate has 1,433 of farmland, 191 of meadows and gardens, 218 of pastures, and 165 of woods. Lubla is bordered on the south by Sieklo wka, on the east by Widacz, on the north by Glinnik Sredni, and on the south by Niepla and Biro wka." Source: Slownik Geograficzny Krolestwa Polskiego [June 2009]

Last Updated on Saturday, 13 June 2009 22:23
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution