LOPUCHOWO: Wielkopolskie Print

see TYKOCIN: 4 km SW, is 5 August 1941 mass murder site of Tykocin Jews. Warsaw Gestapo, commanded by Wolfgang Birkner, Police Units 316 and 309 in cooperation with local "police" forced the Jews to Zawady. Then, near Lopuchowo village in Lopuchowo Forest, 2,000 were murdered. An obelisk marks this site. [Source: Jewish Bialystok by T. Wisniewski]

http://www.igc.apc.org/ddickerson/tykocin.html [October 2000]

UPDATE: Cemetery photos [January 2006]

Last Updated on Saturday, 13 June 2009 00:47