KRASKOW: Opolskie Print
50°58′20″N 18°10′30″E. Krasków is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kluczbork within Kluczbork County, Opole Voivodeship, in SWPoland,  approximately 4 km (2 mi) SW of Kluczbork and 38 km (24 mi) NE of the regional capital Opole. Normal 0 The Jewish cemetery was established in 1765 when the Jews acquired the plot for the cemetery, committing themselves to pay a fee for each burial of one talara and to give annually 'six decent handkerchiefs to their nose" to the local parish priest. Jews from Kraskow, Wołczyn, and Byczyny Kluczbork used the cemetery. In 1847, Kraskow was officially connected with the Jewish community in Kluczbork that shared the cemetery. In 1890, the preburial house was built. Presumably at the end of the 1920s, the cemetery was closed officially. The cemetery is located among the fields filled with scrub obscuring dozens of tombstones. The oldest matzevot comes from 1811. The gate brick structure survived as did remnants of the cemetery wall. Directions: Coming from Opole, find Kluczbork at the railway tracks and turn left toward Kraskow. When entering the village, a small signpost for cyclists indicates the direction of the road to the cemetery. photos. YouTube video. [May 2009]
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 May 2009 15:28