Alternate names: Klwów [Pol], Kl'vuv, Кльвув [Rus], קלבוב-Hebrew. 51°32' N, 20°38' E, 24 miles WNW of Radom, 19 miles NE of Opoczno. 1900 Jewish population: 467. town website. Map. In 1787, Jews owned 13 houses and had a Jewish community starting in the 1760s. No ghetto was established, but these Jews were sent to the ghetto in Drzewicy on October 22, 1941 and then to Treblinka in October 1942. The synagogue was destroyed. The cemetery on Gluszyn road dated from the 18th century before its destruction. No gravestones are visible. No Holocaust memorial. [June 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000072
Klwow is located in Radomskie at 51°22 20°38, 15 km from Nowe Miasto nad Piliabout Cemetery location: rural, near road to Gluszyn. Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
Earliest known Jewish community was 1765. 1921 Jewish population was 297, (30.7%). The Jewish cemetery was established in the 18th century with last Orthodox burial in 1942. The isolated suburban flat land has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all with no wall or gate. There are no gravestones, structures, or mass graves. The municipality owns property used as a Jewish cemetery only. Properties adjacent are agricultural. Private visitors visit rarely. The cemetery was vandalized during WWII, but not in the last ten years. No maintenance. Erosion, pollution, and incompatible planned development are moderate threats.
Dr. Adam Penkalla, ul. Gagarina 9, m. 24, 26-600 Radom, tel. 48 - 366 35 34 . completed survey 5 Aug 1991.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 June 2009 11:33|