JANOW LUBELSKI: Lubelski Print

Coat of arms of Janów Lubelski

Janów Lubelski is a town in eastern Poland with 11,882 inhabitants in 2004.Situated in the Lublin Voivodship since 1999, it is the capital of Janów Lubelski County. The town was founded in 1640 at the site of an older village. 50°43′N 22°25′E. [May 2009]

US Commission No. POCE000245 and US Commission No. POCE000246. In Tarnobrzeg. The US Commission is not finished rechecking these files. [2000]

Old Jewish cemetery located on Ksieznej St. was devastated and partially built over. Established in 17th century, now single-family houses are built on the 0.6 ha. area of the cemetery. [May 2009]

New Jewish cemetery is located on a small hill on Wojska Polskiego St., SE of the town housing, west off Lake Misztalec. The 1.4 ha cemetery was established in 1824. 3 matzevot visible. In 1987 one was found on 22 Lipca St. and put in the Catholic cemetery. [May 2009]

Last Updated on Sunday, 24 June 2012 14:10