photos [May 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000065
The cemetery is agricultural, near the road to Bobrowniki. The alternate/former name of the village is (Yiddish) Glartcher in Radomskie Province, about 76 km from Warszawa. º: 51.39 N; 21.16 E Present town population is 1,000 to 5,000 with no Jews.
Town official responsible for the site: Wojt Gminy, ul. Rynek, tel. 22. 26-903 Gjowaczow.
Regional authorities: Wojewodzki Konservator Zabytow, 26-600 Radom, ul. Moniuszki 5A, tel. 21316.
The earliest known Jewish community in the town dates from the 17th century as does the cemetery. The Jewish population before World War II was 1911 in 1921, about 62%.Jewish community: Holocaust. The last known Jewish burial in Orthodox and Conservative cemetery was 1942. The isolated flat suburban land with no sign or plaque. Accessed by turning directly from a public road, the cemetery is surrounded by a broken fence with no gate, and is open to all.
Present size of cemetery is 0.63 ha. with no visible stones. Properties adjacent are agriculural. The cemetery is visited rarely by organized Jewish and organized individual tours and private Jewish visitors. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. Security, pollution, and vegetation are a slight threat. Weather erosion is a moderate threat.
Adam Penkalla, , ul. Gagarina 9, m. 24, 26-600 Radom is interested in the site and may have more information. He conducted the survey in July 1991.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 16 May 2009 22:47|