|DEBRZNO WIES: Lipka|
Alternate name: Dobrin. 53°31' N 17°14' E, 179.6 miles WNW of Warszawa, about 2 mi N of Lipka, 14 mi NE of Złotów, and 79 mi N of the regional capital Poznań and formerly in Pila. Debrzno-Wieś is a village of 300 people in the administrative district of Gmina Lipka in Złotów County, Greater Poland Voivodeship, in west-central Poland. Before 1945, the area was part of Germany. photos. Jewish settlement dates from before 1664 when 118 Jews lived in the village of Jewish origin. Today only a few gravestones remain in the cemetery, the oldest dating from 1715. Caretaker is the Youth Education Center. In the early 1980s, people looked for gravestones from here because people had sought gold in the tombs. This place with thickets of low bushes required clearing. Each of the MOW students annually is required to devote 50 hours of useful work, but maintaining the cemetery became something more than an obligation. Cleaning the cemetery is of great importance in the rehabilitation of the boys. [April 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000405
Present town population is 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was 1664. The Progressive/Reform Jewish population as of the last prewar census was 118. The cemetery was established in the 17th Century. Other towns or villages that used this cemetery were Lebrzno and Lilae?, about 1 km and 5km from it. The isolated suburban area near water has sign or marker. Reached by turning off a public road, access is open to all with no fence or gate. The.20 hectares size is unchanged since WWII. The approximate number of gravestones in the cemetery is less than 20, all in original location. Fewer than 25% are broken or toppled. No special sections. The oldest gravestone is about 1715; others date from the 18th-20th centuries. The granite and sandstone varieties of shapes have Hebrew and German inscriptions. No known mass graves. The present owner is a regional or national government agency; adjacent properties are recreational, residential, agricultural, and recreational. The property is used for Jewish cemetery. The cemetery has few visitors. There has been no maintenance or care. Within the limits of the cemetery are no structures. Vandalism is a moderate threat. Security, Weather erosion and Vegetaion are slight threats.
Henryk Grecki, 70-534 Szcrecin ul, Soctysia 3173, Tel 377-41 completed this survey on 30 August 1991. The site was not visited.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 19:31|