You are here: Home Eastern Europe Poland DALESZYCE: Kielce
DALESZYCE: Kielce PDF Print E-mail

 

Coat of arms of Daleszyce Alternate names: Daleszyce [Pol], Dalishitza [Yid], Daleshitse [Rus], Russian: Далешице. דאלישיצה-Hebrew. 50°49' N, 20°48' E, 6 miles E of Kielce in Kielce County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship with 2,800 inhabitants in 2006. 1900 Jewish population: 270. Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego (1880-1902), I, p. 895: "Daleszyce". Gmina Daleszyce is an urban-rural administrative district with its seat as the town of Daleszyce with a 2006 population of 14,713, of which 2,800 are in the town. Gmina Daleszyce contains the villages and settlements of Borków, Brzechów, Cisów, Danków, Komórki, Kranów, Marzysz, Mójcza, Niestachów, Niwy, Sieraków, Słopiec, Smyków, Suków, Szczecno, Trzemosna and Widełki. [April 2009]

US Commission No. POCE000285

In Kielce region at 50º49N 20º46E, 18 km from Kielce. The cemetery is between the roads to Staszow and Napekow. Present population is under 1,000-5,000 with no Jews.

  • Local: Urzad Gminy, 38-120 Daleszyce, Tel. 90.
  • Regional: Wojt Gminy Daleszyce, 26-021 Daleszyce, tel. 24. Wojewodzki Konserwator Zabytkow, ul. IX Wielcov Kielc3, 29-955 Kielce, tel. 45634. Adam Penkalla (see end) may have additional information.

The earliest known Jewish community was 1869. 1921 census shows 306 Jews (10%). The Jewish cemetery was established in 1823, "as epidemic" cemetery. The last known Jewish burial was in 1942. The suburban crown of a hill, separate but near other cemeteries, has no sign or marker. Access, turning directly off a public road, is open to all with no wall, fence, or gate. The approximate size of the cemetery before WWII was about 3 ha and is approximately 0.72 ha. today. There are no visible gravestones, structures, or known mass graves. Municipality owns property used for a park. Properties adjacent are agricultural. Compared to 1939, the cemetery boundaries enclose a smaller area reduced by agriculture. Rarely, private visitors stop. The cemetery was vandalized during World War II. No maintenance or care. Moderate threats: uncontrolled access, weather erosion, pollution, vegetation, and incompatible nearby development (existing).

Dr. Adam Penkalla, ul. Gagarina 9, m. 24, Radom, tel. 48 - 366 35 34 visited the site and completed this survey from his personal documentation.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 April 2009 13:34
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution