|CZERWINSK NAD WISLA: Lojewodztwo Plockie|
Czerwińsk, Czerwińsk Nad Wisłą, 52°24' N 20°18' E, 31.3 miles WNW of Warszawa. Czerwińsk nad Wisłą is a village in Płońsk County, Masovian Voivodeship, in east-central Poland on the Vistula (Wisła) river, 18 mi S of Płońsk and 32 mi W of Warsawand the seat of the administrative district called Gmina Czerwińsk nad Wisłą. The village 2006 population was 1,200 and gmina population 7,787. The village was a major cultural and commercial in the Middle Ages. Gmina Czerwińsk nad Wisłą contains the villages and settlements of Chociszewo, Czerwińsk nad Wisłą, Garwolewo, Gawarzec Dolny, Gawarzec Górny, Goławin, Goworowo, Grodziec, Janikowo, Karnkowo, Komsin, Kuchary-Skotniki, Łbowo, Miączyn, Miączynek, Nieborzyn, Nowe Przybojewo, Nowe Radzikowo, Nowy Boguszyn, Osiek, Parlin, Radzikowo Scalone, Raszewo Dworskie, Raszewo Włościańskie, Roguszyn, Sielec, Stare Przybojewo, Stare Radzikowo, Stary Boguszyn, Stobiecin, Wilkówiec, Wilkowuje, Wola, Wólka Przybójewska, Wychódźc, Zarębin and Zdziarka. [April 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000614
Cemetery: ulica Krolowej Jadwigi [the Old Cemetery]. 1991 population: 1000-5000 with no Jews.
The earliest known Jewish community was around 1850. 1921 Jewish population (census) was 388. The unlandmarked Jewish cemetery was established probably in the first half of the 19th century with last known Orthodox Jewish burial around 1930. The isolated urban hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is with permission with no wall, fence, or gate. The cemetery is divided into private lots of single-family houses. No gravestones are visible; the cemetery does not exist. There are no known mass graves. The municipality owns the land. Properties adjacent are residential. The cemetery is visited rarely by either Jewish or non-Jewish private individuals. The cemetery was not vandalized during WWII. Within the limits of the cemetery are residences.
In July 1989, Pawel Fijalkowski, 96-500, Suhaczew, Ulica Ziemowita 11 visited. He completed survey on November 27th, 1991 using the 1981Official Register of Jewish Cemeteries.
|Last Updated on Monday, 20 April 2009 10:59|