Alternate names: Barlinek, Berlinchen (formerly in Neumark and Brandenburg, Germany), Berlinek. 52°59' N 15°12' E, 248.3 miles WNW of Warszawa.Town photos. In West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Myślibórz County, the 2005 population was 14,385. The first written mention about the town is 1278. In the first half of the 15th century, the town in Neumark region, Prussia was controlled by the Teutonic Knights. After WWII, Poland annexed the town and the eastern part of Brandenburg. town website in Polish. [March 2009]
CEMETERY: Established at the turn of the 18th century, the cemetery is located on a hill called "The Jewish Mountain." Although almost unharmed during WWII, the Soviets devastated it afterward. Only fragments of the matzevot are left. [March 2009]
US Commission No. POCE000349: The US Commission is not finished rechecking this file .
|Last Updated on Sunday, 12 April 2009 13:31|