RHEDA (Wiedenbrück) Print

RHEDA: City Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Gütersloh

33428 North Rhine-Westphalia (Gerz)
Judenfriedhoefe in Rheda und ihre Geschichte zwischen 1600 und 1969 in Heimat-Jahrbuch Kreis Guetersloh (1985), s. 146-151 by Jurgen Kinder and Wolfgang Lewe

OLD CEMETERY: Located between the old and later Johanniskirchhof Oelder road. Used about 1600 to probably 1722. Visible gravestones: None. After 1722, the Jews from advantage Gütersloh used Rheda cemetery (Old Cemetery). In 1886 the cemetery was divided and sold. [Sep 2012]
- History in Rheda 1985, pp. 146-147

- History in Rheda 1988, pp. 25, 94

- History in splendor 1998, p.71

NEW  CEMETERY: Located Am Ruth Bach/On Wösteweg
Used from 1750-1969, 1987. Visible gravestones: 168. 1870 was extended, 1925, a correction of cemetery grounds on 3352 m2 [Sep 2012]
- Approximately 1975-2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- History in Rheda 1985, pp. 146-151
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987, pp. 63
- History in Rheda 1988, pp. 94, 98, 177, 179-183
- History in Gatzen 1989, pp. 30-33
- History in splendor 1998, SS 71-72, 95th City Rhede Borken

RURAL CEMETERY: The cemetery was far south from the village of South Street in the peasantry old roadstead but no longer exists. Used 1825-1927. Visible gravestones: None. In 1942, the Office Rheder administration bought the cemetery and cleared the gravestones. The site has been built over later  A grave (Sara Cleffmann, 1927) is to Bocholt been reburied (New Cemetery). [Sep 2012]

-History in Handbook 2008, pp. 605


Wiedenbrück CEMETERY: ehemals zwischen Nonnenwall und Ostenwall. Used: 13/14th centuries. Visible gravestones: None. In the course of the Plague the medieval cemetery was established. Until a new expulsion of Jews in 1642, they used in the area of today's Pius Church for one cemetery and also the lost burial ground in Rheda in 1988. [Sep 2012]
- Geschichte in Rheda 1988, S. 12-13, 91.
- Geschichte in Pracht 1998, S. 72.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 18:59