RECKLINGHAUSEN: City of Recklinghausen, Recklinghausen
45657 North Rhine-Westphalia
Schneider, Werner: Juedische Friedhoefe Recklinghausen; zwei Dokumentationen. Recklinghausen: W.Schneider 1985, 27+26 pp.[DIE DEUTSCHE NATIONAL BIBLIOGRAPHIE]
Old Cemetery: Located Am Börsterweg/corner Börster Hegge, Used 1823-1903. Visible gravestones: None. The early 30s was the reburial of the last 20 tombs with associated gravestones to the cemetery. [Sep 2012]
- History in Schneider 1983, pp. 83, 98-100
- History in Schneider 1985, pp. 1, 16, part A.
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987, page 118
- History in Handbook 2008, pp. 592 f
New Cemetery: In 1937 the cemetery was on the property of the city that today is a children's playground. [Sep 2012]
New Cemetery: Located Nordcharweg. Used 1904-1941;1927 extended and occupied after 1948. Visible gravestones: about 150. In the SW part of the cemetery are twenty graves from the old cemetery. The Nazis desecrated this site repeatedly and in November 1938 devastated it. In 1948, the cemetery was restored. [Sep 2012]
- Approximately 1975-2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- 1980-1985 by Werner Schneider (full documentation)
- History in Schneider 1983, 83-85, 98-100
- Full documentation in Schneider 1985, pp. 1-27, Part A.
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987, page 119
- History in Handbook 2008, p 593