PADERBORN PDF Print E-mail

PADERBORN:

33098 North Rhine-Westphalia (Gerz)

Names from book Von ihren Leuten wohnt hier keiner mehr by Margit Naarmann sent by Werner after gettinger permission to copy namesalso listed.

Prior to World War II, there existed a Jewish cemetery in downtown Paderborn (North Rhine-Westphalia located somewhat NE of Duesseldorf). The cemetery has been destroyed. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ;


Old CEMETERY: Located probably at the southern entrance of the street not far from Paderborn's old synagogue on Liboriberg. Used 1728-1800. Visible gravestones: None. According to Naarmann, the first cemetery was at the southern entrance of the alley and Pader. 1728 east of this area, a new area was acquired as a Jewish cemetery (out of town at the moat). After 1800, the city moved the boardwalk system into the cemetery grounds. [Sep 2012]
- History in Naarmann 1988, pp. 138-140
- History in splendor 1998, S. 467th

Hillig Busch CEMETERY: Located Am Hillig Busch. Used 19th century. Visible gravestones: None. The cemetery was used until 1925. In 1930 the synagogue sold the burial ground to the city of Paderborn with the condition nothing be built on the land. Today, this is a green space. [Sep 2012]
- History in Naarmann 1988, pp. 140, 251-252
- History in splendor 1998, p 467-468

Borchener Street CEMETERY: Located at the Western gate, the so-called quarry on the way to Borchen. Used 1835 to the late 19th century. Visible gravestones: None. [Sep 2012]

- History in Naarmann 1988, pp. 140
- History in splendor 1998, S. 467th

New CEMETERY: Located Warburger road (hall 38, No. 270). Used around 1887-1938,1945-today. Visible gravestones: over 150. [Sep 2012]
- Approximately 1975-2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987, p.114
- History in Naarmann 1988, pp. 250-251
- History in splendor 1998, pp. 466, 489

Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 16:51
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution