MÜNSTER PDF Print E-mail

MÜNSTER: (MUENSTER)

48149 North Rhine-Westphalia / 2 listed-no locations. (Gerz)

Medieval Cemetery: Located between Bischopink and Liebfrauentor, compared to the district court in today's Schlossplatz (or on the present site of the high school Paulinum: gym). Used 13/14th centuries. Visible gravestones: None. With the expulsion of the Jews from Münster in 1350, the cemetery was confiscated. According to Brilling gravestones removed from the medieval burial site appeared sporadically and disappeared in the 19th century. The oldest gravestone known today dates from 1324 and is in the foyer of the synagogue. [Sep 2012]

- History in Brilling 1964, p.1
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987, p.11
- History in Münster 1995, p.1
- History in Handbook 2008, P. 508

CEMETERY: Located Einsteinstrasse, formerly Roxelerstrasse. Used 1811-2002 and continuing. Visible gravestones: 386. A gravestone from the cemetery in Telgte (Wallock) is here. Because the Einsteinstraße cemetery was fully occupied at the end of the 20th century, the city inaugurated another in 2002, Soon after, increased immigration from the former Soviet Union, a part of the municipal cemetery in Hiltrup was designated as new Jewish burial site. [Sep 2012]
- Approximately 1975-2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- 1995 occupation list and occupancy by students of Wilhelm Emmanuel von Ketteler School in Munster
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987

, pp. 108, 109-110
- Allocation list, occupancy, history in Münster 1996
- History in Handbook 2008, pp. 509

CEMETERY: Separate part of the municipal cemetery: "Hoheward" in Hiltrup. Used 2002-date. Visible gravestones?. [Sep 2012]
- History in Handbook 2008, pp. 509

Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:29
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution