KÖNIGSHOVEN: (now Bedburg 50181 North Rhine-Westphalia) used cemetery at Bedburg
[translated from German October 2007]
- NEW cemetery: 50181 Bedburg, North-Rhine-Westphalia, District of Erft
ADRESS: Koelner Strasse, Am Sandberg, formerly "Im Kamp an der Landgrube"
COORDINATES: Latitude 51.01437 / Longitude 6.55657.
IN USE: prior to 1832 until 1939, acquired 1837
- 1972 by Klaus H. S. Schulte (Register of graves)
- 1991 - 1993 by Dieter Peters (Register of graves)
- 1994 by Dieter Peters (4 photos: gravestones and views of cemetery)
- 1980 - 1985, 1990 - 1998 by Gerd Friedt (complete documentation)
COMMENTS: the new cemetery at this address was part of the property portfolio of the Jewish community since 1837. According to Pracht, the cemetery was repeatedly vandalised in the 90s.
- History, Register of graves by Schulte 1972, pages 24, 275-276. History by Pracht 1997, page 165.
- Complete documentation by Friedt 1998a, pages 10 - 79
- OLD cemetery: 50181 Bedburg, North-Rhine-Westphalia, District of Erft
ADRESS: Johannisstrasse 2, formerly "In den Gaerten"
COORDINATES: Latitude: 50.997391 / Longitude: 6.57869
IN USE: From 18th to 19th century, acquired 1839.
COMMENTS: the Jewish community acquired the old cemetery in 1839, even though it was no longer in use by then. The property had to be sold to a private buyer on a compulsory basis in 1938/39. The site of the old cemetery is now a built-up area.
- History by Schulte 1972, page 24
- History by Pracht 1997, page 165.
- History by Friedt 1998a, page 8 - 10.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2009 15:05