46282 North Rhine-Westphalia (Gerz) Source of some details: director of the Amt Hervest-Dorsten, letter of 1961 (also see Erle)
225 on the main road [Bundesstrasse 22] to Marl in the Natural Park Hassel Becke, south of the Lippe, 2 km east of the center. Used 1815 - 1941, oldest gravestone 1828. 29 gravestones are visible. The property was dedicated by 1628 as a charter "Jews field." Between 1815 and 1941 there were about 140 burials. The Nazis destroyed and removed many stones. In 1980, Schneider documented another 24 grave stone inscriptions.
- Approximately 1975 - 2000 by Heritage Office (Photos)
- 1980 - 1985 by Werner Schneider (full documentation)
- 2001 by Professor Makers (Photo: cemetery grave stones and views)
- Assignment list (select) history in Schneider 1983 , p.23
- Full documentation in Schneider 1985 , pp. 13 - 14, 15 - 17, Part B.
- History in Westphalia-Lippe 1987 , p.117
- History in Dorsten, 1989 , pp. 106 - 122, 124th
- History in Shalom 4/2001 , np
- History in Shalom 12/2001 , np
- History in Handbook 2008 , pp. 290f
CEMETERY: Located In the paddock, west of the railway Dorsten-Münster. Used 1838-1937. Visible gravestones: None. The Nazis devastated the burial ground. According to Schneider 12 graves remain with no gravestones, but a plaque from the 1980s remembers the victims of the Holocaust. [Sep 2012]
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 19:08|