You are here: Home Germany NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN (NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA) BONN: North Rhine-Westphalia
BONN: North Rhine-Westphalia PDF Print E-mail

BONN:

53117 North Rhine-Westphalia (Gerz)

  • PUBLICATIONS:
    • Der Jüdische Friedhof in Bonn-Schwarzrheindorf
    • Des alten Friedhofs von Bonn un Bonn-Beuel (1623-1942) [The old cemeteries of Bonn and Bonn-Beuel.]
    • Documentation exists. Source: Professor Dr. Michael Brocke, Freie Universitat Berlin, Fachbereich, Philosophie und Sozialwissenschaften II, Insitute fuer Judaistik (WE 1), Schwendenerstr. 27, 14195 Berlin.
    • , by Dan Bondy [apparently based on notes by Karl Gutzmer]. Koeln: Rheinland- Verlag 1993 (Arbeitshefte des Landeskons. Rheinland 35), ISBN 3-7927-1199-0 Source: Verzeichnis Lieferbarer Buecher (analogous to the U.S. Books in Print.)
    • Documentation of the cemetery at Schwarzrheindorf created as a project by students of the Anne-Frank-Schule. [October 2001]
    • Elfi Pracht: Jewish Heritage in North Rhine - Westphalia. Part I. Region of Cologne. Cologne 1997, pp. 478f (contributions to the art and architectural monuments in the Rhineland, Vol 34.1), ISBN 3-7616-1322-9
    • Michael Brocke / Dan Bondy: The Old Jewish Cemetery Bonn Schwarzrheindorf - 1623-1956. Figuratively-text documentation, Cologne / Bonn 1998, ISBN 3-7927-1199-0
    • Ursula Reuter: Jewish communities of the early 19th until the beginning of the 21st Century. Bonn 2007, p 28 ( Historical Atlas of the Rhineland , VIII.8), ISBN 978-3-7749-3524-2
    • Description. [Sep 2012]

Five Jewish cemeteries in the present city of Bonn. Augustusring cemetery currently still in use is the only one in the care of the Jewish community. The others are managed by the city parks department. story. video in German. The address of one of these cemeteries is Max Cohen-Straße 34 [Sep 2012]

  • Augustusring/Roemerstr. Cemetery: [Sep 2012] Acquired on 2 June 1872, the Jewish community of Bonn bought the land on today's Augustusring. The first burial took place on 4 April 1873 (toddler Hermann Heymann). The burial grounds are laid out in three rows. Just after the entrance to the right is a 1901 neoclassical ceremonial hall designed by city architect Noël from Bonn. In 1899, ​​field fire brick mortuary at the end of the cemetery property was built. photos. Among those buried there are Ludwig Philippson (1811-1889), writer and rabbi; Jacob Bernays (1824-1881), classical philology; Rülf Isaac (1831-1902), rabbi Emanuel Schreiber (1852-1932), rabbi and author; Alfred Philippson (1864-1953), geographer
  • Schmallenberg Cemetery, Hochsauerlandkreis. Located at the edge of Champingplatzes seen at the entrance to the left, out of Schmallenberg. Used about 1721 - 1897. No gravestones are visible. Near the entrance is a memorial with the names of three deceased. Another source claims the cemetery dates from 1830. [Sept 2012] - history in Westfalen-Lippe, 1987 , pp. 77. photos. [Sep 2012] 3. Ot. Endenich, Hainstr Cemetery: Names from a cemetery in a section of Bonn called Endenich. There are 84 names, but 97 stones in the cemetery. A small Jewish community created it in the mid-1800s. Source: Eric Adler This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Opposite the entrance is a war memorial for the First World War fallen Jewish soldiers. To the left stands a memorial that took place during the period of National Socialism remembers murdered Jewish citizens of Bonn.
  • Schwarzrheindorf Jewish Cemetery: The cemetery is located down the Rhine behind the flood dike in the vicinity of the treatment plant and the Friedrich Ebert bridge. In 1854 Beueler Jews received special status within the Jewish community of Bonn municipality, In 1875, this kahal separated from Bonn. The size of the Jewish community in 1828 was 120 members in 1885 to 182 and 1932, from 130. By 1808 a house of prayer was built. In the first half of the 19th century and 1903 respectively on the same grounds synagogues were built. In 1938 the building was destroyed.When the cemetery was established is unclear. The oldest surviving gravestone dates from 1623. On the 7660-square-meter cemetery, gravestones visible are 445. The cemetery was purchased in 1818 by the Jewish community in Bonn and used by both the Jewish community of Bonn as well as that in Beuel. In 1898, the cemetery was divided: the Jewish community of Bonn and the Jewish community Villich (Beuel) in the north, the Bonner community in the southern part. Due to the installation of anti-aircraft unit in 1939, the cemetery has been badly damaged. The tree-lined and surrounded by a fence and two entryways is now freely accessible. Among those buried there are Isaac Kahana Rapaport (1730-13. March 1788), Chief Rabbi; Simcha Bunim Cohen Rappaport (1734-8. April 1816), Chief Rabbi; Abraham Auerbach (1763-1846), Chief Rabbi; Dr. Aaron Auerbach (1810-1886), Chief Rabbi. photos. [Sep 2012]
  • Jüdischer Friedhof Schwarz-Rheindorf:
  • Castell Jewish Cemetery: gravestones photos. [Sep 2001

     

Last Updated on Friday, 21 December 2012 19:14
 
Web site created by Open Sky Web Design based on a template by Red Evolution